Other vehicles include:
• All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
• Mini-bikes, mopeds, and scooters
• Jet Skis
If you’ve ever been in any type of accident you know they’re scary. And dealing with your injuries after the accident can be confusing, frustrating, and painful.
Here at Atlantic County Family Spine and Rehab, we believe once an evaluation has been done and your issues have been diagnosed, then the next step is to start with the least invasive care first.
We’ve seen a decline in the number of doctors and medical practices willing to work with those who’ve been in a motor vehicle accident. But the team of chiropractors and physical therapists here actually enjoy working with those who’ve been in an accident. As a matter of fact, we consider the treatment of people who’ve been in motor vehicle accidents to be one of our core areas of service.
Here are the steps to follow after an accident in order to take control of your care:
1. Get checked for injuries immediately following the accident (even if you don’t think you’re hurt) — go to the Emergency Room
2. Get checked out by your primary care doctor
3. Keep in mind the order of care should be from “least invasive” to “most invasive”
4. Visit a chiropractor – especially if you have neck or back pain
5. Include physical therapy in your treatment plan
6. Have an MRI if you don’t make progress or are having limited progress in your recovery
7. If your MRI is positive and if you’re still having pain or are no longer responding to chiropractic care and physical therapy consider Manipulation Under Anesthesia
8. When all else fails it’s time to consult with a surgeon
Most insurance provides for open-access to chiropractic care. If you’ve been in an accident, talk to your primary care doctor about including chiropractic in your treatment plan. If you don’t have a primary care doctor, you can start your evaluation and treatment with us. Give us a call today at 609-748-0222 to schedule your free examination (valued at $175).
If you’d like to learn more about us, visit our About section for information on our founders — Dr. Karen Callaghan and Dr. Tony Holvick — as well as information about where we’re located, and other useful information.